10 Simple Ways to Relieve Your Summertime Stress
We have all experienced stress. Whether it is a result of hard work, school or taking care of our children, we all can use some stress relieving tactics. Below is a list of 10 easy ways to destress, let us know if you have any more!
1. Adopt a pet: Not only will you be saving lives, but you will be helping yourself. A furry friend will always be there for you. Studies illustrated that pet owners are happier than non-pet owners.
2. Eat some oatmeal: Oatmeal has displayed multiple health benefits such as reducing our blood pressure, cholesterol and raising our serotonin levels which influences our happiness.
Check out how oatmeal helps reduce #stress:
3. Listen to music: Music carries a unique connection to our emotions, ultimately affecting how we manage our stress.
4. Sleep: “Sleep is for the weak,” they said. “You don’t need to sleep!” they said. Well, “they” lied. Just like your phone needs to recharge every night, our body needs it too. Studies suggest adults should sleep between 7-9 hours a night.
5. Yoga: Breathe in. Breathe out. Yoga is always a simple way to ease your body and mind- no matter how flexible you may or may not be.
Medisafe suggests: Medisafe suggests: 4 Yoga Positions You Can Perform Anytime, Anywhere
6. Watch a funny movie: It is OK to take a break sometimes. There are plenty of movies in theaters and online, so once in awhile spend an evening with a friend or alone and watch something from the comfort of your home or at the big screens.
7. Find a hobby: Hobbies are a great way to keep yourself busy or free your mind of life stresses. Anything from knitting to running to collecting coins are great choices.
Hobbies are a great way to free your mind of life stresses. Find out other ways to be stress-free:
8. Write: Writing is a form of mental release. When stressed, try writing your thoughts and see if it makes a difference. If this becomes “your way” to destress, consider starting a diary.
9. Exercise: you may be sore at first, but it is worth it. Exercise releases negative energy and leaves you feeling refreshed after a good workout.
10. Drink orange juice: It has been proven that orange juice may just be thekey to success. As claimed by WebMD, vitamin C (which is plentiful in orange juice) reduces stress hormones in our body. Cheers!
Stress is a completely humane part of us. It is important to continue living our lives and embrace the stress but understand how stress works and how we can combat it.
Do you have any other things you do to relieve your stress? Let us know in the comments below!